The Old Trading Post
We have recently bought the old trading post on the dock in Uggdal.
The building was owned by Engolai H Vaage. In 1887 he opened it as a trading post for land dealership and goods and mail brought in by the steamships.
In 1902 Engolai married, and with his wife’s dowry of NOK 30,000 they built a bakery and a local food store next to the trading post. They used an old stone oven which still exists today at the back of the building! The bakery was used until 1949 and the store closed in 1987.
We are currently refurbishing the building to bring it back into use. We are hoping to open our very own chocolatier, gastropub and a museum about the old bakery and trading post, as well as providing moorings for visiting boats.
Once completed, Vaage’s old trading post will be a fantastic place to catch the evening sun.
We are looking forward to welcoming our first guests!